in , ,

“Killer” causes liver cancer.

 

   Many studies show that drinking a lot of alcohol will damage the liver and is one of the main causes of liver cancer.

At the seminar “Hazards of alcohol and solutions” held on the afternoon of October 19, 2015, Ms. Hoang Anh, Director of HealthBridge Canada said that according to statistics, Vietnamese people consume more than 3 billion liters of beer each year and nearly 68 million liters of alcohol, equivalent to 3 billion USD/year.

Research shows that 57.72% of Vietnamese households regularly drink alcohol and the richer and more educated households are, the more alcohol is consumed.

In families living below the poverty line, the amount of money spent on alcohol is equivalent to 146 glasses of beer/year, while the money to buy milk for children in these families is not enough to buy a cup of fresh milk/year.

“If the money to buy alcohol of these families is used to buy milk, children will be able to drink about 122 cups of milk/year instead of less than 1 cup/year as now,” said Ms. Hoang Anh.

WHO also said that alcohol is one of the 10 leading causes of death in the world, of which 20% of traffic accidents, 50% of deaths due to cirrhosis …

Many studies also show that drinking a lot of alcohol will damage the liver and is one of the main causes of liver cancer.

Drinking too much alcohol will damage the liver and lead to many physiological diseases and eventually lead to liver cancer.

See information about the harmful effects of alcohol on human health in the information below.

1. How is alcohol absorbed in the body?

When a person drinks alcohol, alcohol is absorbed directly into the bloodstream with 20% through the stomach, 80% through the small intestine within just 30 – 60 minutes. If the stomach is completely empty, alcohol will be absorbed faster. than when the stomach has food.

After absorption, alcohol will be metabolized 90% in the liver. The remaining small amount of alcohol (about 5 – 10%) is excreted in sweat, breath and urine. Then, alcohol enters the blood and disperses throughout the tissues and organs in the body.

When 90% of alcohol is concentrated in the liver to wait for metabolism, the liver will have to use a catalytic enzyme called nicotintamide adenin dinucleotide (NAD) to carry out this process. The enzyme NAD is produced by the liver in limited amounts sufficient to metabolize moderate amounts of alcohol in a short time.

If you drink too much alcohol, your liver can no longer produce enough metabolic enzymes to detoxify alcohol. From there, alcohol will be stagnant in the body, toxic to internal organs, most heavily the liver.

2. How does alcohol harm the liver?

– Fatty liver:

Alcohol reduces the oxidation of fatty acids in the liver, increases the transport and esterification of fatty acids to form trigliceride, in addition, alcohol also reduces the synthesis and secretion of lipoproteins in the liver, causing fatty liver – the first stage of diabetes. Cirrhosis.

– Causing cirrhosis:

Cirrhosis is the final stage of alcoholic hepatitis, in which liver tissue is gradually replaced by fibrous tissue, changing the normal structure of the liver, leading to the decline of many important liver functions.

If a person drinks 1 small bottle of wine or 1/2 liter of beer every day for 10 years, it will lead to cirrhosis of the liver. In addition, cirrhosis of the liver comes sooner or later depending on factors such as gender, nutrition when drinking…

– Causes hepatitis:

Hepatitis is a widespread damage to the liver caused by alcohol caused by inflammatory cell infiltration in the liver and hepatocellular necrosis, which will lead to cirrhosis in the long run.

– Causing liver cancer:

Liver cancer is a type of cancer that develops from liver cells, often on the background of cirrhosis.

Many studies have shown that alcohol can influence the development of cancer at the genetic level by affecting oncogenes in the early stages and promotion of cancer.

Alcohol produces acetaldehyde, a product of alcohol metabolism, which impairs a cell’s natural ability to repair DNA errors, resulting in an increased risk of mutations that lead to cancer.

In addition, alcohol also makes the process of causing cancer in the liver become more favorable. Cancer-causing genes (cocarciongen) have the ability to bind to a number of enzymes that are normally responsible for detoxifying the body, one of these enzymes is cytochrome P – 450.

Heavy drinking can build up cytochrome P-450 in the liver, lungs, esophagus, and intestines, where cancer often occurs in heavy drinkers.

Written by admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Cancer is difficult to detect early and has the most potential to cause death.

How to help people fight aging.