Its scientific name is Musa acuminata. In 126 grams of banana contains about 110 calories and 30 grams of carbohydrates. So they contain a lot of energy. We can eat bananas directly or make fruit salads and smoothies.
In addition, eating bananas also helps alleviate menstrual problems, lower blood pressure, protect heart health, boost metabolism, make eyes healthy, strengthen bones and detoxify the body.
* NUTRITIONAL VALUES OF BANANA.
According to the USDA, bananas are a fruit rich in protein, potassium, carbohydrates, and fiber. Bananas contain no fat and cholesterol as well as negligible sodium content. A banana contains vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin B6, riboflavin, folate, pantothenic acid and niacin, as well as several other vitamins. Bananas are also high in nutrients and minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, manganese, magnesium and copper.
* BENEFITS OF EATING BANANAS.
The benefits of eating bananas regularly for health:
– Lower blood pressure.
According to a study, potassium plays a role in stabilizing blood pressure indicators. Bananas contain a large amount of potassium, which helps reduce stress on coronary arteries and veins. Thus, helping blood circulate effectively and increasing the functions of other organs. This eliminates atherosclerosis and blood vessels and reduces low blood pressure.
– Treatment of asthma.
According to a study at the National Heart and Lung Institute – Imperial College London, bananas can ease cough symptoms in children and many symptoms associated with asthma.
– Treatment of constipation.
Bananas contain a large amount of fiber. Thus, it helps in smooth bowel movements. The roughage is soothed through the process of excretion and helps to avoid constipation. Studies also show that bananas also help treat other intestinal disorders.
– Cure diabetes.
A study conducted at the Department of Medicine and Radiology at New York University showed that the pectin in bananas helped improve glucose tolerance in diabetics. Eating a banana provides the body with about 3 grams of fiber. This is beneficial for both type 1 and type 2 diabetics. Type 1 diabetics can get their blood sugar levels reduced and type 2 can improve their blood sugar levels.
– Enhance memory and improve mood.
The amino acid tryptophan and antioxidants like dopamine found in bananas play an important role in boosting mood and enhancing memory. In addition, the magnesium present in bananas helps relax muscles and vitamin B6 helps you sleep well.
– Treatment of anemia.
Research by Dr. Olga P. García – Autonomous University of Queretaro, Mexico shows that bananas contain high levels of iron. So bananas also help in the treatment of anemia because iron is an essential part of red blood cells. Bananas also have a significant copper content. Copper is an important element in the creation of red blood cells. By increasing your red blood cell count, you can not only prevent anemia, but you can also increase circulation to all parts of your body. From there, anti-oxidation and optimize the function of the body.
– Weight loss.
Bananas are very helpful for weight loss because one banana has only about 90 calories. Moreover, they do not contain any fat. Therefore, an overweight person should add bananas in his diet because they are very filling. This will reduce overeating and help with weight loss. A 2012 study also showed that eating bananas can boost metabolism, thereby helping with weight loss.
– Bone protection.
The fructooligosacari (a beneficial probiotic bacteria in the digestive tract) found in bananas enhances the body’s absorption of minerals and nutrients. So bananas have also been linked to increased calcium absorption. Helps protect bones and related problems like osteoporosis.
Meaning they can reduce swelling, inflammation, and irritation from conditions like arthritis and gout.
– Improve eye problems.
Bananas are packed with antioxidants and carotenoids and a healthy mix of minerals that can promote eye health. It also improves problems such as macular degeneration, cataracts, night blindness and glaucoma.
– Helps to gain weight.
Bananas are also considered a weight-gain food. When eaten with milk, bananas can help increase body weight quickly. Milk provides essential protein, and bananas provide sugar. Plus, bananas help with quick digestion.
An underweight person can eat 5 to 6 bananas a day without indigestion. So, when you eat bananas, you have added 500-600 calories needed for weight gain. Bananas can also provide instant energy. People who play sports often eat bananas in the middle of the day to add the necessary energy.
– Treatment of hemorrhoids.
Bananas have been used as a natural remedy for hemorrhoids because of their high fiber content. The laxative effect of bananas prevents and cures hemorrhoids.
– Treatment of stomach ulcers.
According to folklore, bananas have been used as a food to soothe the stomach as they can also inhibit acid secretion. A study published in the British Journal of Pharmacology showed that bananas have anti-ulcer properties.
– Prevent kidney diseases.
This can help flush out toxins that have built up in the body.
– Reduce menstrual disorders.
Traditional medicine uses bananas as a remedy for menstrual disorders. Cooked banana flowers help relieve pain and heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle and can also relieve pain caused by menstruation.
* HOW TO EAT BANANA?
The morning banana diet for weight loss has become popular. To the point of leading to a shortage of bananas in Japanese food stores. If you are on a diet plan, you should eat bananas and drink it in the morning and at lunch. Do not eat in the evening and after 8 pm.
* You can eat bananas in the following ways:
– Put a banana in a bowl of cereal, oats to increase nutrients.
– Add 1 frozen banana to a smoothie for a better taste.
– Add bananas in cakes and cookies. This gives them a better flavor to the cake.
– Put banana mixed with grated coconut and bake this mixture. This will be a snack if eaten hot. Or you can put it in the freezer and you will have a delicious ice cream.
– Banana flowers are used to make salads and soups.
– Raw bananas are also used to make stews, boils or soups.
* Eating bananas every day is very good for the body, but there are people who eat too much and have the following side effects:
– High potassium levels: Certain medications for heart disease and high blood pressure can increase potassium levels. Beta-blockers and diuretics have a similar effect. Therefore, people who are taking these medications should consult their doctor before adding bananas to their diet.
– Allergy to bananas: People who are allergic to bananas may experience itching, swelling, hives, and wheezing.
– Raw Bananas: Unripe bananas can cause indigestion
– Migraine sufferers: Those of you who suffer from frequent migraines are advised to eat no more than half a banana a day.
– Digestive disorders: Eating too many bananas can cause various digestive disorders because bananas contain a large amount of fiber. Possible symptoms are stomach cramps, bloating.
Above and the benefits of eating bananas. Hope to help you have more knowledge about health care for the whole family.